Yes, sometimes the nutritionist eats cookies.
But not just any old cookies.
These ones are packed with healthy fats, protein, and are relatively low in sugar when compared to your typical cookie, or even “healthier” cookie recipe.
They’re sweetened with coconut palm sugar, and are flourless and gluten-free.
And yes (in case you were wondering), they actually do taste good. In fact, they’re downright delicious.
I’ve had my fair share of “healthy” cookie recipe failures and I’m confident to say that these ones will please the health conscious and not so health conscious alike.
Bring them to your next potluck, girl’s night gathering, or office party.
What I love about these cookies is that they contain minimal ingredients and they aren’t sickly sweet.
I also find them really digestible…although I can’t vouch for that if you decide to eat the whole plate at once ;)
Cashew Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 small jar of smooth cashew butter (250 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Dark chocolate chips (optional) – if using these I recommend scaling the coconut palm sugar back to 1/3 of a cup since the chocolate chips will add their own sweetness
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl
- Scoop out mixture onto parchment paper into small cookie shapes (they will expand so leave room in between each one)
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Makes approx 12 cookies
Do you have any favorite cookie recipes that use healthier ingredients?
Go ahead and share in the comment box below!
Sign-up for updates!
As a BONUS, I'll send you a copy of my Hip, Healthy & Holistic Makeover Guide to get you started.